Muckrach Castle, Moray, Scotland

Muckrach is a fully restored 16th century castle (c. 1598) built by Patrick Grant, the second son of John Grant of Freuchie, 4th Laird of Grant, ancestor to the Grants of Rothiemurchus.

The castle is located a half mile to the west of Dulnain Bridge, Morayshire on the top of a steep bank in the River Dulnain valley. It is a typical Scottish tower house with a simple L shaped plan.

Book a stay at Muckrach Castle here.